Mayo Local Employment Service (LEAS) is a countywide programme. Mayo North East manages the Local Employment Service on contract from Department of Social Protection.
The LES is committed to providing career guidance, advice and practical support to our clients. Since 1996 LEAS has established a unique service. The LEAS offers a range of supports, enabling people to achieve their goals and to progress into employment or further education. The LEAS is made up of a dynamic team of people who care about their clients, local employers and their community. It is LES Mission to provide real and meaningful encouragement and support to people, enabling them to gain a foothold in training and employment so that they can improve their quality of life.
What LEAS can offer you?
LEAS offer person-centred advice and help targeted to each individual’s specific needs and circumstances. Most importantly LEAS services are:
- Free of Charge
LEAS Service include:
- Career Guidance and Career Counselling
- Information on full and part-time job vacancies, job clubs
- CV preparation
- Interview techniques
- Training Courses and Further Education information and advice
- Employer Contact
- Typing, Faxing and Photocopying Service
How LEAS can help You?
- LEAS assign you a personal mediator to you who will work with you on a one-to-one basis
- LEAS offer a one-stop-shop that can provide you with information on entitlements, grants training, education, careers etc.
- LEAS work with you to build your confidence, self-esteem and work skills
- LEAS are in close contact with local employers and so have the most up-to-date information on job vacancies to suit your needs
What will your personal Mediator do for YOU?
LES are committed to providing you with a service that meets your individual needs. LES support, encourage, advise and guide you on your journey back to work. We assign you with a personal mediator who will work with you every step of the way. There is no time limit to this personal mediation service.
Your Mediator will:
- Get to know you and your personal circumstances
- Discuss your personal needs
- Identify your skills and abilities
- Develop a realistic and achievable career plan of action for you
- Advise you on training and education courses that can help you in your job search
- Identify job opportunities and employers
- Advise and support you in preparing your CV
- Equip you with interview techniques
What type of training is available to me?
Once you and your personal Mediator have chosen a career path plan that suits you, they can guide you to a training programme that will help you achieve your ultimate goal.
These programme include the following:
- FAS Training Courses
- VEC Training
- Various Third Level Opportunities
- Local Training Initiatives
From time to time, your Local Employment Service delivers customised training programmes in your area that cater for your specific needs.
Topics covered on these courses are:
- CV Preparation
- Filling out application forms
- Writing business letters
- Job seeking Skills
- Confidence building
- Interview techniques, overcoming nerves, making a good impression
- Vocational skills e.g. Building skills
All training placements are subject to funding and availability
Visit the Mayo Local Employment Service Webiste: http://www.mayoles.com/
Mayo North East under the LEAS operates a network of 9 offices, so please drop in to any of our offices and we would be delighted to have a chat with you and provide you with any information regarding our service. Please see locations of LEAS offices in Mayo on the map provided together with contact details below.