Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP)
Mayo North East is contracted by Mayo Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) to implement the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) in the Municipal District of Ballina and Mayo West.
The aim of the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme is to reduce poverty and promote social inclusion and equality through local, regional and national engagement and collaboration. Its vision is to improve the life chances and opportunities of those who are marginalised in society, living in poverty or in unemployment through community development approaches, targeted supports and interagency collaboration, where the values of equality and inclusion are promoted and human rights are respected.
1. To support and resource disadvantaged communities and marginalised target groups to engage with relevant local and national stakeholders in identifying and addressing social exclusion and equality issues;
2. To support individuals and marginalised target groups experiencing educational disadvantage so they can participate fully, engage with and progress through life-long learning opportunities through the use of community development approaches;
3. To engage with marginalised target groups/individuals and residents of disadvantaged communities who are unemployed but who do not fall within mainstream employment service provision, or who are referred to SICAP, to move them closer to the labour market and improve work readiness, and support them in accessing employment and self-employment and creating social enterprise opportunities.
- Children and families living in Disadvantaged Areas
- Lone Parents
- New Communities (including Refugees/Asylum Seekers)
- People living in Disadvantaged Communities
- People with Disabilities
- The Unemployed (including those not on the Live Register)
- Young Unemployed People from Disadvantaged Areas
Changes to Mayo North East’s Operating Area for the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP):
Arising from territorial and other changes in the public procurement process the SICAP programme will be delivered by Mayo North East in the Municipal Districts of Ballina and Mayo West. Our area of operation is now from Swinford in the East to Belderrig/Ballycastle in the North and also extended into West Mayo, including Westport, Newport, Louisburgh, Achill and Ballycroy
Mayo North East will not be delivering SICAP in the Charlestown, Kiltimagh, Ballyhaunis, Carracastle, Kilkelly, Urlar, Aghamore, Knock, Bekan and Kilmovee areas of East Mayo. Under the new SICAP for these areas support will be provided by South West Mayo Development Company ( 098-41950, www.southwestmayo.com).
With the exception of the SICAP programme all other existing Mayo North East programme delivery arrangements remain unchanged e.g. LEADER/RDP, Tus, Rural Social Scheme, LTI, Jobs Initiative, Local Employment Service and Jobs Club.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mayo North East LEADER Partnership on 094-9256745
Please click here to find out about the SICAP Programme